Believe it or not, the holidays tend to increase electric and heating bills substantially, but there plenty of ways to save.
The holiday season is officially upon us! In the words of Disney’s Olaf, “it’s that time of year.” What are some of your family traditions? Some of our crew members are snowmobiling fans, avid skiers, and even chili-cookoff taste-testers!
No matter what you enjoy this time of year, it seems that stress is never far behind. At Schneider Heating and Air Conditioning, we want to help alleviate some of the pain-points that come along with the busy holiday season. Here are 9 tips for holiday energy savings:
- Schedule a heating and cooling check to ensure your furnace or HVAC system is running as efficiently as possible. Contact us today!
- Replace traditional lights with LED or solar lighting wherever applicable.
- Use LED holiday lights to reduce your electricity usage by nearly 75 percent!
- Invest in light timers so your twinkle lights aren’t running all night long.
- Turn off lamps and overhead lighting whenever you have indoor holiday lights aglow—it adds to the ambiance and reduces electricity usage.
- Consider using fiber optic decorations that have a single light source—rather than multiple bulbs.
- Host a party! The extra bodies in your living room allow you to lower the thermostat.
- Bake cookies or make a casserole! When the oven is on, you can turn your thermostat down and take advantage of the residual heat.
- Unplug accessories and electronics. If you are traveling to Grandma’s house or Uncle Joe’s for an overnight or longer trip, unplug appliances and electronics. Even when these items are not in use, they draw energy.