- July 9, 2018
- Posted by: yoursemteam
- Categories: Energy Efficiency, HVAC, Stay Informed
Ways to Cut Energy Costs in Your Home
We are all looking for ways to save money. How much do you waste each year on your energy costs? Did you know there are things that you can do to be more energy efficient? Some of them are things you can do, while others will require professional assistance. Visit https://www.energystar.gov for even more ideas to be more energy efficient.
Warming and Cooling Your House
- Install and properly set a programmable thermostat
- Set your thermostat to save energy when you are asleep or away
- Turn your air conditioner off if a ceiling fan is keeping you cool enough
- Do not run your heat or air conditioning when the windows are open
Lights and Electronics
- Turn off lights and fans when you’re not in the room or don’t need them
- Turn off electronics when you’re not using them
- Use dimmer switches to avoid lighting a room more than you need
- Use lights with motion sensors
Change your air filters regularly
- Have a professional tune up your HVAC system. Annual pre-season check-ups on your heating and cooling system in the spring and fall to keep your system at peak performance and prevent future problems.
- Inspect your duct system for leaks
- Clean the area around the outdoor components of your HVAC system
- Check air registers for optimal performance
- Consider replacing your HVAC system if your HVAC equipment is more than 10 years old or not keeping your house comfortable, consider replacement with ENERGY STAR certified equipment, which has higher efficiency ratings than standard models.
- Lower the temperature on your gas water heater before going on vacation.
- Set your water heater thermostat at 120 degrees or lower
- Insulate hot water pipes, as well as the first 5-10 feet of cold water supply to the water heater
Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., is the leader in heating, cooling, ventilation and air quality products and services in the La Crosse Area. We have been serving the Coulee Region for more than 80 years. Our technicians are highly and continually trained utilizing the most sophisticated HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) technologies and equipment. All of the service technicians are NATE certified. North American Technician Excellence is the largest non-profit certification organization that is governed, owned, operated, developed, and supported by the HVACR industry. And as an alliance of industry-recognized partners, you will have a greater peace of mind knowing we are sending out the right person for the job! At Schneider Heating and Air Conditioning INC. we pride ourselves on amazing customer service!