- October 19, 2018
- Posted by: yoursemteam
- Category: Stay Informed
Easy ways to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning
If your furnace isn’t functioning properly, one of the biggest threats that it can impose to your home is a carbon monoxide leak. Carbon monoxide is a type of gas that is colorless and odorless, so there is no way to detect high levels of it on your own. A carbon monoxide leak can cause us to have flu-like symptoms, disorientation, confusion and even death. For the safety of your family and guests, monitor and avoid carbon monoxide in your home. For professional assistance to test for and remove carbon monoxide, contact a HVAC company.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors on each level of your home and near bedrooms. Detectors can be purchased at most retail and do-it-yourself stores. Check that they are functioning properly and that batteries are working.
- Do not use charcoal or gas grills inside.
- Maintain clean chimneys and fireplaces for sufficient air flow.
- Make sure exhaust flues and ducts are clear of any blockage.
- Never leave a car running in an attached garage or carport.
- Do not use ovens or stoves to heat a home.
Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., is the leader in heating, cooling, ventilation and air quality products and services in the La Crosse Area. We have been serving the Coulee Region for more than 80 years. Our technicians are highly and continually trained utilizing the most sophisticated HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) technologies and equipment. All of the service technicians are NATE certified. North American Technician Excellence is the largest non-profit certification organization that is governed, owned, operated, developed, and supported by the HVACR industry. And as an alliance of industry-recognized partners, you will have a greater peace of mind knowing we are sending out the right person for the job! At Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. we pride ourselves on amazing customer service!