- October 10, 2019
- Posted by: yoursemteam
- Categories: HVAC, Stay Informed
Why Annual Service for your HVAC System is Important
Don’t neglect your HVAC system. You depend on it to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If you do not give the system the attention it needs, it will fail to work properly and cost you more money in the long run. Somethings you can do on your own and other things should be taken care of by a professional.
Why should you get your HVAC system annually serviced?
• Lower your energy bills to ensure the system is running efficiently.
• Fewer repairs will be needed if you are proactive in maintaining your system.
• The chance of major breakdowns decreases if a professional regularly checks your system.
• The equipment will last longer when it gets regularly maintenance.
• Safety is key. A professional can identify any possibilities of safety issues to protect your family.
What can you do to check your system?
• Change your air filter minimally 90 days, check monthly to see if it warrants replacing.
• Keep the area around your furnace and air conditioning unit clear of debris.
• Keep the units clean. Hose off the outdoor units.
What should the professionals review during a check?
• Gas and electrical connections
• Calibrate the thermostat
• Check the drains
• Clean and adjust moving parts, like the blower
• Clean the evaporator and condenser coils
• Check refrigerant
• Check the fuel line connections
• Inspect the gas pressure
Once a year have a professional HVAC company assess your system. The service call may not only identify issues, but will help the unit last longer and run more efficiently.