- July 18, 2019
- Posted by: yoursemteam
- Category: Energy Efficiency, HVAC, Stay Informed
What to ask companies before selecting a new HVAC system.
Replacing your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system can be stressful. It has a direct impact on your home and on your wallet. Before you hire a company, make sure you ask the right questions to ensure you get the right system for your home without being taken advantage of. Here are the things you should ask any company before moving forward.
Learn about the company you are hiring
1. Is your company licensed and bonded?
2. What certifications are your technicians required to have?
3. Do you have customer referrals I can see?
4. Will your company provide me with a free, no obligation estimate? Will the estimate include all expenses, including parts, labor, and disposal of your old system?
5. Are financing options available through your company?
6. Are there any rebates or tax credits available for the system we are installing?
Know about your new system
1. What is the best HVAC for my home? Be specific about the size, brand, and type.
2. Can I have zones within my home for heating and cooling?
3. Would a humidifier or dehumidifier be effective in my home?
4. What is the efficiency rating for the new system? How will it impact my energy bill?
5. What kind of maintenance is required for the new system?
6. What is the warranty for the system (parts and labor)?
7. Is there a service plan that is provided or available with the new system?
8. Will the existing thermostat work with the new system or does a new one need installed? If so, is there an additional cost for the equipment or installation?
9. Can we install a smart thermostat to run the new system?
10. How long will the installation take and how will it impact my home?
A new HVAC system is a major investment in your home that will make your daily life more comfortable. Getting a second or third estimate before investing in a system is recommended. Ask the same set of questions to each company so that you have all of the necessary information to make an informed decision. Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. would love to meet with you to answer these questions and any others you may have regarding your current and new HVAC system.